If you’re like a lot of people in the world these days, you are getting most of your news updates from online news.
Online news searches have become increasingly more streamlined and easy to do, since almost every search engine and directory offers instant access to a plethora of current news and world events. Here are some of the most popular and useful online news sources.
- Google News: One of the most popular news sources online; at the time of this writing, Google News grabbed news from over 4500 different sources.
- CNN: CNN has an excellent website, and they've made most of their streaming video clips free to the public as well, a nice feature.
- BBC News: The BBC is where I go to get most of my news; I just appreciate the in-depth coverage and interesting points of view.
- ABC News: ABC News brings you news, but you can also check out some of your favorite TV news programs via this site, such as 20/20, Primetime, and Nightline.
- Fox News: Fox News is more conservative than most other news channels; this is where you'll find Hannity and Colmes, O'Reilly Factor, and more.
- CBS News: Lots of videos and interactive activities on the CBS site, including polls, quizzes, and a feature titled "Build Your Own Newscast."
- MSNBC: View highlights from the Washington Post, latest market indices, and lots of other good stuff from MSN.
- Yahoo News: Yahoo News is another site that I go to daily to check my news; they grab news from a variety of sources, but I really like how they've got it all organized, such as This Day in History, full coverage of breaking news stories, and a daily photo montage.
- USA Today: Pretty much like the newspaper; heavy on the entertainment and "fluff" news and light on the "real" news.
- The Drudge Report: Matt Drudge has literally thousands of different news sources links on his site, as well as coverage of breaking news and editorials from sources from every part of the spectrum.
- Topix: Topix is a combination news search engine and news aggregator. According to the site, "Topix.net is the Internet's largest news site, with over 300,000 topically based, micro-news pages presenting stories from more than 10,000 sources."
- Yahoo News: constantly updated from a variety of sources. This is especially a good place to find breaking technology news.
- Online Newspapers: Now, you can access your local daily newspaper by just a click of the mouse. This makes monitoring news locally even easier; and you can also see what other local newspapers are saying as well (without getting out of your pajamas).
- World News: Following world news is easy now with the Web. You can get news from all over the world, from virtually every country.
- Technology News: There are plenty of places on the Web where you can find up to the minute technology news on all kinds of interesting new technology, from digital camera technology to nano technology to Bluetooth technology.