The Web has made it possible for people all over the world to share their digital photos; here are
a few of the best free online photo album sites on the Web.
- Shutterfly: develop, print and share digital photos.
If you decide to become a member, you get more benefits.
- Photobucket: upload your images and videos,
copy your links, and then post your content on any website or blog. Easy to use and free.
- Flickr: My favorite of all free online photo album sites (membership is free, but if you want to upload more than a set number of photos, you'll need to become a Pro member).
One of my favorite things to do is type in a keyword with Flickr and browse through the
truly gorgeous photos there.
- WebShots: photo sharing, free wallpaper, and free
screensavers here at WebShots; over 300 million photos uploaded at the time of this writing.
- SmugMug: unlimited photo sharing with a free trial,
and then you'll have to sign up. If you're interested, I would suggest taking the SmugMug tour.
- SnapFish: free online digital photo sharing. You can
also create all sorts of fun gifts with your photos.
- Dosize: resize your digital photos online for free and then
send them to your friends via email.
- Riya: A digital photo sharing service still in
beta at the time of this writing that features face recognition technology:
"automatically tags people in photos so you can search for just the photo you want."
- Picasa: Picasa is a part of Google. "Picasa automatically resizes and attaches pictures to email messages at sizes your friends will be able to open. Works with most email programs, including Google’s Gmail."
View the previous Web Search tip of the day
View the next Web Search tip of the day