One of my favorite things to do online is to look at webcams all around the world. It's a fun way to scratch that travel itch without spending any money! In order to find webcams, you can use a simple trick that will help you find webcams nearly anywhere in the world. Here are a few that I found:
- Large Hadron Collider: Images from inside the LHC chamber and the LHC parking lot. *
- Live video feed of Haystack Rock: One of my favorite places on earth; it's fun to watch the people strolling on the beach.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: "Watch from an ideal vantage point above as tourists enjoy the sand and surf of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina's famous Atlantic Ocean resort."
- Friedberg cam: Gorgeous view from the top of a church in Friedberg, Germany.
- Rapallo Italy: Click on the web cam buttons to get a panoramic or zoomed-in view of a boat mooring in Rapallo, Italy.
- Alta Badia: A beautiful ski resort in the Italian mountains.
- Big Ben: This is a live streaming webcam mounted directly across from Big Ben in London, England.
- Pyramid Cam: Pretty much what it sounds like! View the Great Pyramids of Gaza, Egypt.
- San Diego Zoo Panda Cam: Live video from the panda habitat.
- Panama Canal Authority: Watch ships as they make their way through the locks.
- Grand Tetons: Stunningly gorgeous view of the Grand Tetons in Wyoming.
See what I mean? Take a little trip via this collection of webcams and you'll be glad you did.