Most schools and workplaces block social networking sites such as Facebook because of safety concerns. However, sometimes there are valid reasons why you need to get on Facebook: interacting with a colleague, checking in with a fellow student, etc. If the site is blocked, how do you get on Facebook, especially in a schol setting?
Time Required: 15-30 minutes
- The fastest way to get a site unblocked? Ask. Yes, that's right - many times, if your request is legitimate, the person in charge of blocking these particular sites will help you get where you need to go. It's worth a try, anyway.
- How do I bypass an Internet block?: Perhaps you're trying to research the history of women's issues, collect videos on a particular topic for work, or navigate to a site that helps you understand physics better. No matter what your reason may be, you can usually bypass Internet blocks by using simple methods that will unblock blocked sites.
- How do I unblock Facebook?: One of the most popular social networking sites on the Web today is Facebook, a site that you can use to connect with other people in your circle. However, sometimes Facebook is blocked, meaning you can't get to it from where you access the Web.
- How do I unblock websites at school?: You're at school, and you need to get to a website, but you find it's been blocked. How do you handle this situation?
- After trying all the methods mentioned in this tutorial, you should be able to access the site that has been blocked. However, as previously mentioned, use these methods with extreme caution, and always ask for access first - you might be surprised.
- Ask for permission first.
- Keep in mind that bypassing Internet blocks is generally frowned upon if they are put in place by school administrators or other people of authority. Always ask first, and never "force" your way into a website.