Internet Explorer's Search Assistant gives you quite a few options to choose from. You'll need to scroll down in the window itself to see all that I'll be talking about.
- Find a Web Page.You can choose which search engine you'd like to power your searches here. In addition, you can uncheck the option box next to "Find a Web Page", and thereafter the option to find a web page will be taken off your default search window. This is probably not something you want to uncheck.
- Find a person's address (email as well). You can choose to uncheck this option box, and just like in the above explanation, the option of finding someone's address would then be removed from your search window when using the IE Search button. Again, I don't suggest that you uncheck this.
- Find a business name or category. Plenty of options here.
- Find a map. You can find a map, address, or place name.
- Look up a word.You have Encarta, a great encyclopedia and various thesauri and dictionaries at your disposal automatically or not, depending upon your unique preferences.
- Find a picture using several different excellent resource.
- Previous Searches: You can save your searches; up to the last 10 are saved automatically.