One of the most popular Web sites online is Yahoo.com, which offers a portal-like experience to users consisting of news, email, video, and much more. In this brief tutorial, we'll look at how you can set your home page to Yahoo quickly and easily.
First, what is a "home page"?When you open up your Web browser, the very first page that you will see is called the "home" page (also known as the index page). The home page is your jumping-off point to the rest of the Web. You can specify absolutely any page on the Web as your browser homepage.
How To Set Your Home Start Page in Internet Explorer
- Click on your Internet Explorer icon; you'll find this in your Start menu, or the toolbar at the bottom of your desktop window.
- Type in "Yahoo" to IE's search box at the top of the browser window (this is just an example, you can use any website that you want).
- Arrive at the Yahoo home page.
- Go to toolbar at the top of browser, and click on "Tools", then "Internet Options".
- At the top of the pop-up, you'll see a "Home Page" box. The address of the site that you are currently at (http://www.yahoo.com) is there. Press the "Use Current" button to specify this page as your home page.
How to Set Your Home Page in Firefox
- Click on the Firefox icon to start up your browser.
- Navigate to the site that you'd like as your Home page.
- At the top of your browser window, you'll see the Firefox tool bar (this includes the words "File", "Edit", etc.). Click on Tools, then Options.
- The popup window will open up with the default option of General. At the top of the window, you'll see "Home Page Locations." Type in "Yahoo" for your home page location of choice.