What is Rate My Teacher?One of the best ways to find out about a school is other parents. Rate My Teacher is a site that both parents and kids can use to find out the inside information about both schools and instructors.
How does Rate My Teacher work?The beauty of Rate My Teacher is that you can instantly get information about your child's teachers, or, you can volunteer information yourself. This is a wonderful way to get real, honest opinions about how good (or bad) a particular instructor really is.
Here's how it works:
- Find your country, then your specific area. For the purpose of this tutorial, I'm going to be looking in the United States.
- If you've got a specific school name you'd like information on, enter it, along with the state.
- Click on the school's name.
- Here's where you can click on the alphabetically ordered teacher reviews - to save yourself some clicking time, check out the School Stats in the yellow box to your left to see if there are any reviews posted.
Can anyone use Rate My Teacher?Pretty much. There's not a specific registration required to post ratings. However, there are specific rules you have to follow (you can find those rules on the Rating Rules page).
Groups at Rate My TeacherThere are three specific groups that Rate My Teacher is aimed at:
Parents: When rating a teacher, there are three questions you'll need to ask yourself:
- Did both you and your child know what was expected in this class?
- Did the teacher treat your child with respect, care, and knowledge of child's needs?
- Was the classroom work the right difficulty for your child?
Students: Students can voice their opinions - both good and bad - of their teachers. Profanity, slander, or violent comments will be turned over to the authorities with an IP address; in other words, offendors will be caught. Rate My Teachers is a great way for students to constructively criticize or praise teachers.
Teachers: Teachers are not left out at Rate My Teachers; in fact, they are encouraged to interact with students and parents to create a more collaborative learning environment.