Did you know that you can find a house to buy or rent on Craigslist? Interact with people all over the world in a variety of forums? Barter your services for something else? That's just the tip of the Craigslist iceberg. Here's a few more things you can do with Craigslist.
With forums for housing to self-employment, you're sure to find a Craigslist Forum
that helps you in some way.
Post Free Classified Ads
You can post free classified ads
for pretty much anything at Craigslist. I've sold a truck and gotten rid of a very heavy hide-a-bed this way.
Find a Job on Craigslist
There are all sorts of interesting jobs on Craigslist
. Just find your city, look under Jobs, then look under your job category. Non-profit, systems, government, writing, etc. jobs are all represented here.
Use Craigslist to find your next home
, from apartment living to residential listings to vacation rentals. I recently found a beach rental here for less than it costs our family to go camping!
Subscribe to RSS Feeds
If you are looking for something specific, say a Queen Anne brocaded couch circa 1965, you can set up a Craigslist alert to be notified when something new pops up that fits your criteria. This is how you do it:
- Go to your city's Craigslist, and click on "Furniture."
- Then enter your search term(s), what you're willing to pay, and whether you're looking for something from a furniture dealer or private seller.
- When you're done, click "Enter."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- You'll see an orange button with the letters RSS. Click on that button.
- You'll see a whole page of funny lookin' code in your browser window. Copy that page's URL and paste it into your favorite feed reader.
- Now you can be notified via your feed reader every time an item is posted on Craigslist that meets your criteria.
View the previous Web Search tip of the day
View the next Web Search tip of the day