Many Web sites these days are implementing a new way for you to search their sites internally - with tags. Here are a few I rounded up:
- TagFetch: a tag search engine that searches across a variety of social networking sites.
- Techzingo: "TECHzingo is constantly watching Slashdot.org, Digg.com, TheRegister.co.uk for new stories, extracts related "tags" and displays them in a cloud."
- del.icio.us Director: a nifty way to organize and search your del.icio.us tags.
- TagGround: Searches "digg, netvouz, scuttle, furl, reddit, ma.gnolia, jots, blinklist, simpy, del.icio.us, yahoo myweb 2.0, and raw sugar social bookmarking engines."
- Technorati Tags: search the most popular and "most hot" Technorati tags.
- Flickr Tags: a great way to browse the images at Flickr.
- del.icio.us Tags: sorted by size (the bigger the tag, the more popular).
- Metafilter Tags: search the Metafilter site for interesting topics.
- 43Things Tags: an ongoing zeitgeist of the most popular topics at 43Things.
- YouTube Tags: browse through YouTube tags and find something interesting.
- WordPress Tags: "This is a peek into what people on WordPress.com are talking about this very instant."
- Lifehacker Tags: there are a LOT of tags at Lifehacker; browse through and find something useful.
View the previous Web Search tip of the day
View the next Web Search tip of the day