If you're as tired as I am of sites forcing you to go through registration just to view their content, than BugMeNot
is for you. It's easy to use and makes life much simpler, not to mention it's a good guard of your online privacy and enables you to browse the Web more anonymously. Here's how it works (from the BugMeNot Tutorial
- Make a note of the website address you are trying to access.
- Visit http://bugmenot.com.
- Enter the address from step 1 into the box and press the "Get Logins" button
- You should now be presented with at least one username and password. Make a note of them.
- Go back to the site you were originally trying to access in step 1 and proceed to login with the username and password you noted in the previous step.
The biggest appeal of BugMeNot is not only the fact that you're bypassing a possible breach of privacy; you're avoiding spam, which is a huge problem once you start filling out a couple of these online registration forms with your real information.
More about anonymous surfing: Read more about anonymous surfing in my article titled Anonymous Surfing 101.
View the previous Web Search tip of the day
View the next Web Search tip of the day