If you're looking for tools to help you with your writing, the Web is a great place to start. Here are just a few of the incredibly useful writing tools you can find on the Web.
- Google Docs: Google Docs is a free Web-based word processor and spreadsheet. Read more about Google Docs.
- Writeboard: Writeboard is a Web-based application that allows you to write solo or collaborate with others instantly.
- Zoho: A Web-based office suite; includes spreadsheets, presentation tools, planners, and more.
- Copyscape: Searches for your content on the Web; this is a great way to find out if someone is lifting your work without crediting you.
- AjaxWrite: A Microsoft Word clone that works from within your browser; free download.
- AbiWord: A free word processing program similar to MS Word; free download.
- Writer: Instant in-your-browser typewriter. Saves and files your documents automatically.
- TextEdit: for Mac users; a highly versatile free word processing application.
- RoughDraft: A freeware word processing program specifically designed for the creative writing process.
Looking for more productivity boosting Web sites? Read my article titled The Top Ten Sites To Boost Your Online Productivity