If you've ever tried to concentrate or sleep and just can't, you might want to try white noise generators: Web sites that create soothing sounds that in effect block out other sounds, aka, white noise. Here are a few that I've run across:
- Simply Noise: Several white noise generators (or "colors") to choose from. I'm listening to Pink right now.
- Rainy Mood: The soothing sound of pouring rain.
- Sound Sleeping: A variety of white noise here, including music, birds, creeks, and other nature sounds.
Wanna hear something that will really blow your mind? Try switching on Pandora to a classical music station or something soft, like piano music, and then turn on the Rainy Mood website in another tab (so you've got them both going at the same time). It's an amazingly relaxing way to listen to music!
More free audio on the Web
- The Best Audio Search Engines on the Web
- Free Audio Books
- Learn Out Loud - Free Audio Books, Lectures, and Speeches
image courtesy sxc.hu