Many people start thinking (reluctantly) about tax season at the beginning of the new year. There are a multitude of free resources on the Web that tax filers can take advantage of, including:
- Forms and Publications : Everything you need is here, including the Form 1040, Form 1040EZ, and the Form 4868.
- Free File: File Your Federal Taxes or a Filing Extension Form for Free: If you can't make the April 18 deadline, there's a way to get around that.
- e-file My Return for Free: Yep, free. And who doesn't love free?
- Small Business/Self-Employed: Everything tax-related that small businesses and self-employed folks could want.
More government resources on the Web
- USA.gov, the U.S. Government's Official Search Engine
- How to Contact the United States Government on the Web
- Essential US Government Web Sites
image courtesy sxc.hu