Many people on the East Coast are tracking monster storm movements that are predicted to be "historical" in nature. For those of you dealing with this, please, stay safe! Here are a few websites to help you stay on top of the latest Hurricane Sandy and Frankenstorm developments:
- Google Crisis Response: A hub of storm and disaster-related information, including a Hurricane Sandy map and Public Alerts, designed to bring you emergency alerts when and where they're relevant to you.
- US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Tracking of hurricanes, major storms, and storm surge activity is all found here.
- weather.com: One of the most up to date weather tracking sites.
- Hurricane Sandy Public Advisory: This is where you'll want to visit for the latest Hurricane Sandy information, straight from the National Hurricane Center.
- FEMA: The Federal Emergency Management Agency is on call in these kinds of situations, and offers many resources to help people cope effectively - including hurricane safety tips, how to build an emergency kit, and where to find a Disaster Recovery Center.
- US Coast Guard Storm Ctr: Especially useful for anyone who needs to track boating advisories.