After the kids have exhausted themselves playing in the pool/park/neighborhood, why not have them check out a few of the best kids websites online? Here are just a few that I've come across lately:
- National Gallery of Art for Kids: Based in Washington DC, the National Gallery has created an incredible site full of all sorts of fun games for kids: interactive art, digital photography tools, and lots more. Not to be missed.
- Mr. Picassohead: Remember Mr. Potato Head? This is similar, only you get to make a Picasso masterpiece.
- Jackson Pollock: Make your own Pollock painting. Just click anywhere in your browser screen to start; change colors by clicking again.
- Design Your Own Medal: Choose your hero, design your medal, and award it to someone.
- This Is Sand: Now this one is addictive. Click anywhere on the screen to start the sand going; you can change colors by clicking on "C". Makes beautiful sand designs.
- Glubble: Want to get your kids on the Web - safely? Glubble creates a secure environment where only the parent-approved sites are on the okay list.
- Kidoz: Similar to Glubble; Kidoz is a browser that only goes to sites that are pre-approved. This is the one I use with my kids.
What are your favorite kids' sites? Share in the comments below!
More great kids sites: There are so many great kids sites out there on the Web; here's a few that I visit with my own kids.