We're fast approaching the season commonly known as "Road Trip Time" in my neck of the woods, and in order to avoid various unpleasantries that were experienced in last year's excursions (getting lost, missed reservations, etc.) I decided to look around the Web for something that would help me organize things better. I found TripIt, your own personal travel assistant. Here's how TripIt works:
- Make a travel itinerary on any travel site or service you normally use: airline, a travel agency, etc.
- Forward your confirmation email to email@example.com.
- TripIt takes your travel plans and turns them into one master itinerary, with added information such as local attractions, weather, maps,and much more.
And speaking of travel....
- Find Flight Information On The Web: You can use the Web to track any flight anywhere in the world to see if it's on time, where it's at currently, etc.
- Use Yapta to Track Price Changes: Find travel deals, and use Yapta's tag tool to keep track of the prices you've found. Yapta will then notify you if those prices go down, therefore potentially saving you a lot of money.
- Find a Last Minute Vacation Using the Web: If you have an itch to get out of town, but haven't booked way in advance at your favorite hotspot, have no fear - the early bird doesn't always get the worm. You can find lots of good deals on last minute vacations on the Web.