But how do you find the blogs you might be interested in? This can be tricky, but here are a few resources you can use to help you out.
- Blog Search Engines: Blog search engines have become more and more sophisticated, and nowadays you can do a blog search on a variety of topics and hit paydirt. Here is a list of some of the best blog search engines out there - take 'em for a blog search test drive and see what you think.
- Technorati: One of the easiest ways to find a blog you're interested in is Technorati. Just type in a subject, say, "crafts", and you'll be presented with a wide array of blogs on that topic.
- The Top 100 Blogs: These are the top 100 blogs on the Web, as sorted by popularity, incoming links, post authority, etc.
- Bloglines Most Popular Feeds: These are the top RSS feeds in the Bloglines reader database.
- Political Blogs: Of course, those of us in the States appreciate a little bit of politics in our blogs.
- The Ultimate Mommy Blog List: As a mom, I've already got quite a few of these blogs on my radar.
- Bloggers Choice Awards: This is an easy way to find blogs you might be interested in, but didn't know it yet. Arranged by category.
- The Bloggies: Another blog awards organization; I love browsing through all these blogs.