Blogs - basically online journals - are some of my favorite sites to keep up with, mostly because I love getting to know the unique personalities behind the blogs, and it's fun to keep up on the events in their lives.
But how do you find the blogs you might be interested in? This can be tricky, but here are a few resources you can use to help you out.
- Blog Search Engines: Blog search engines have become more and more sophisticated, and nowadays you can do a blog search on a variety of topics and hit paydirt. Here is a list of some of the best blog search engines out there - take 'em for a blog search test drive and see what you think.
- Technorati: One of the easiest ways to find a blog you're interested in is Technorati. Just type in a subject, say, "crafts", and you'll be presented with a wide array of blogs on that topic.
- The Top 100 Blogs: These are the top 100 blogs on the Web, as sorted by popularity, incoming links, post authority, etc.
- Bloglines Most Popular Feeds: These are the top RSS feeds in the Bloglines reader database.
- Political Blogs: Of course, those of us in the States appreciate a little bit of politics in our blogs.
- The Ultimate Mommy Blog List: As a mom, I've already got quite a few of these blogs on my radar.
- Bloggers Choice Awards: This is an easy way to find blogs you might be interested in, but didn't know it yet. Arranged by category.
- The Bloggies: Another blog awards organization; I love browsing through all these blogs.