1. Computing
Wendy Boswell

Welcome to Webkinz World

By May 23, 2008

webkinz world If you have kids under the age of 12, then you're most likely VERY familiar with the world of Webkinz, a virtual Web world built around real-life stuffed animals. These Webkinz "pets", ranging from a duck to a horse to a dog and everything in between, are cute little plush pets that come with a unique secret code that can be plugged into the Webkinz World, where your child can do all sorts of things: feed the pet, help it sleep, play games, exercise it, etc.

The Webkinz World is part of a quickly emerging phenomena for kids on the Web; one that encourages children to be part of a virtual community and helps them to navigate through situations and circumstances that can aid them in real life. I'm pretty sure that the Webkinz World is absolutely the most popular, mostly because of the cute stuffed animal angle, and also because it's considered cool to have more than one Webkinz (in our house, we trade chores for Webkinz World time).

More sites for kids

• Free Online Games for Kids: There are a ton of exceptionally well-designed, high quality online games for kids. Here are a few that I play with my own children.
  • Yahooligans: Yahoo has done an excellent job of pulling together Yahooligans, a directory of Internet sites that are kid-friendly. As stated in their online info, "each site has been carefully checked by an experienced educator to ensure the content and links are appropriate for kids aged 7-12."
  • The Best Kids Sites on the Web: I've put together a comprehensive list of the best sites for kids online, organized by category.
Comments
August 4, 2008 at 5:58 pm
(1) Lexi says:

How do you get a yard?

August 6, 2008 at 12:05 pm
(2) Elizabeth says:

i love the webkinz site thanks for makeing it

August 9, 2008 at 4:38 pm
(3) bigred8 says:
September 13, 2008 at 10:32 pm
(4) Carmen Vj says:

I love webkinz and they are major on the internet. The virtual world is taking over. And this is what our kids will be a part of. Not what I did when I was going up. I was out side playing games. The world has change and the internet is a big part of that.

November 5, 2008 at 11:32 am
(5) Presleigh McDaniel says:

I am having loging on?

November 6, 2008 at 2:13 pm
(6) Peggisas says:

Why does my game keep stoping and not giving me my points. Then I comes back on for me to play again. I find it usually does this after the fifth or sixth level.

November 11, 2008 at 5:25 pm
(7) miccelle says:

I love webkins too but no servers !I think u should fix them and add a butten u can push to travel to webkins two! Also be able to sell ur house!!!!!!

December 12, 2008 at 8:37 pm
(8) linda says:

Why have a Webkinz when you cannot access anything???? Why pay money for this when you cannot use it????

December 13, 2008 at 6:50 pm
(9) Danielle17yo says:

I love Webkinz they are so cool! But what would be even cooler is if they could make fox Webkinz, because I would buy one;) So eveyone who has a Webkinz is cool to me!!!! ( THat is if I know them, JK!!!!)

December 14, 2008 at 7:51 pm
(10) Diane L. says:

Lately, the site has become extremely slow, if I am able to get in at all. This is frustrating to say the least, and very bad for those of us thinking of buying more Webkinz for Christmas. If you cannot handle the current traffic, why should I buy more pets or even renew the ones I have? It’s also making me reconsider my Christmas list for 13 nieces and nephews.

December 17, 2008 at 8:44 pm
(11) Natalie says:

My dog webkin Miky is the best webkin in the world

December 19, 2008 at 3:14 pm
(12) kelly f says:

Why is it that when i try to log on to webkinz world i get a NaN second virus!

December 22, 2008 at 8:35 pm
(13) Julia says:

I think webkinz are tooooo idicting!
I have 46 and nothing new is going on there.
The same W tales has been going on for a week!
There is no new games. There is no new places to go. Its a waste of money!!!!

December 27, 2008 at 6:01 pm
(14) Suzanne Ohnesorge says:

Hello, I bought a little black lab puppy at the Hallmark store here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
I had no idea that Webkins had a website for
taking care of your pet and games. I cut the tag off the puppies leg and threw away. My grandson pleaded with me to try to find away to contact your company and see if there is anyway we could establish a connection for Conner and “Snowflake”.

January 1, 2009 at 4:50 pm
(15) ryan says:

hey if you want 1,000,000 kinzcash e-mail me ur pasword and username and ill do it id tell you but i dont want the webkinz people to know the code so i can keep doing it for you

January 1, 2009 at 4:52 pm
(16) ryan says:

if you wanta million kash tell me your user nameand password and ill do it id tell it to you people but i dont want the webkinz people to know it

bmxkid313@yahoo.com

January 1, 2009 at 4:53 pm
(17) bmxkid says:
January 7, 2009 at 10:54 am
(18) barb says:

i only got got one, but i’m planning to buy more so i can have more to fun.
my parents bought me one after going though medical tests, it was a get well present and a surprise.

January 20, 2009 at 5:03 pm
(19) kelsey says:

i love webkinz i have 16 of them and my goal is to get up to 20!

January 27, 2009 at 10:49 am
(20) kelse says:

webkinz are awesome!!!!!!!! i have 8 webkinz. how do u get a garden?!?!?!?

February 5, 2009 at 9:09 pm
(21) momo says:

how do you make a webkin?

February 7, 2009 at 12:34 pm
(22) sam says:

i love webkinzs i have 20 of them and its wicked

February 9, 2009 at 12:33 am
(23) kathy says:

momandhopes acct has either been stolen or problem with Webkinz site.Mother and daughter are only two who use and password won’t go through. YOU CAN’T REACH WEBKINZ CORP. TO GET A REPLY OR HELP TRACE WHAT HAPPENED. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH CORP!!!
A lot of time & money wated and SAD CHILD!!!

February 11, 2009 at 7:02 pm
(24) klm1899 says:

I think webkinz is getting boring I mean noooo new games you cant redo anything you put on your walls (wallpaper)and you cant resell your rooms and you cant go to any ones house thats why im sticking to pixie hollow and email.

February 15, 2009 at 8:44 pm
(25) Wendy says:

Hey guys! If you want to continue this conversation, check out the Web Search Forums.

February 17, 2009 at 8:18 am
(26) Cathy says:

Why are there so many problems logging in?

February 18, 2009 at 11:51 pm
(27) kathy says:

I’m a prof. w/demanding schedule. This is a nice way to keep in touch w/neices, nephews, sisters, freinds. We all play and have a ball!Beside a few Ganz glitches, the Webkinz site is really entertaining.

March 5, 2009 at 11:01 am
(28) buckeyefan97 says:

im having trouble logging on. HELP!

April 2, 2009 at 6:19 pm
(29) Charlie says:

I am trying to get onto the webkinz site for my granddaughter and I keep getting a white page. It won’t let me get onto the site. I have tried everything ! Please help !!!!

May 17, 2009 at 12:05 pm
(30) mom2myl says:

I AM WITH EVERYONE ELSE…..WHY SPEND MONEY BUYING THESE WEBKINZ IF YOU CAN NEVER GET ON?I WANTED TO BUY LOTS OF THESE BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY WERE NEAT…..THEY ARE NEAT BUT GANZ NEEDS TO UPGRADE THEIR SITE!!!!!HOW TYPICAL….WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS WORLD NOBODY WANTS TO MAKE CUSTOMERS HAPPY ANYMORE ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY….ONCE WE BUY THE TOYS THEY GET THEIR MONEY THEY DONT CARE!!!!!!!IT SEEMS TO BE THE AMERICAN WAY!!!!!

May 17, 2009 at 12:07 pm
(31) MOM2MYL says:

MAYBE IF YOU TRY CHEATING THEY WILL CONTACT YOU BUT THATS ABOUT IT, NOT WHEN YOU NEED HELP!!!!!

May 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm
(32) Kathie says:

Why would you do an update at 9 at night instead of during the night. I have been trying for more than an hour to get online and it is very frustrating!!

June 17, 2009 at 12:39 pm
(33) katherine says:

MY kids say thet webkinz world is a fun place to be and they wish that there would be more

July 6, 2009 at 10:29 am
(34) JAMIE AT YAHOO says:

i love webkinz.i love the w shop and how i can sell stuff. i have 83 webkinz all to gether.

September 1, 2009 at 9:18 pm
(35) aoife says:

hello, hello!

i love webkinz, i just need a super bed. anyone have one?
i have 9 webkinz altogather. i am hoping for a tenth one so that i can get a bed. then when i have more exclusive things i will be good enought to my customers for gettting a bed!

please, if you have an unused code for the brown dog please give it to me, make my dreams come true!

thanks for reading, yours sicerly, aoife, the only one who cares

October 12, 2009 at 11:54 am
(36) sally says:

i love webkinz bit what the heck is a flippin nan seconds? seriously !! MY DAUGHTER CRIES BECAUSE SHE CANT GET ON IT . I WANT THIS FIXED!!

October 13, 2009 at 3:09 pm
(37) Webkinz Clothing says:

My kids can’t get enough of webkinz. It drives me wild.

January 16, 2010 at 4:53 pm
(38) dANIELLE says:

HAY

February 4, 2010 at 9:56 pm
(39) chris cooper says:

My grandson cannot get into his account because the system states his password is wrong. Can you help?
garrettrobinson is his user name. we can’t read his secret code.

July 19, 2010 at 6:37 am
(40) Judy says:

It’s always hard to log in to webkinz world,it takes you to everything else and its getting bad when kids that did once really enjoy webkinz are finding other things to do on the computer that doesnt need to be bought.

July 19, 2010 at 6:42 am
(41) Judy says:

It’s bad for us that can’t even click on webkinz world and get to that site without going through alot of other ones that don’t take you to what you want. You can’t even get on it anymore so why buy more webkinz and support the company when we aren’t getting anything out of it. Very sad for the kids that they have to find other websites to get on that isn’t so complicated.

October 4, 2010 at 3:39 pm
(42) Heather says:

I got a hamster and webkinz will not let me put the whole code in to adopt it what should I do?