1. Computing
You can do a free reverse phone number lookup with Google - it's fast and pretty simple. Find out more in my article titled Free Reverse Phone Number Lookup with Google.

More fun with phone numbers:

Comments
April 16, 2007 at 3:14 pm
(1) josey says:

My friend is quite concerned about the safety of her children. She is urging everyone she knows to get their names removed because if children give out their phone numbers, their address could be traced & Mapquest would show directions to their homes. Is it a good idea to have your name removed for safety reasons & identity theft or at least telemarketers & scammers?

May 22, 2007 at 8:26 pm
(2) d says:

come on people living scared isnt worth it. if those crazy people want to find children, they are going to find them no matter what. just worry about what you can do and live your life

December 22, 2007 at 2:21 am
(3) Reverse Phone Number Look Up Expert says:

It’s just advisable for parents to monitor their child’s activities online or using the phone. It’s not invasion of their privacy but just doing you what you need to do for their safety. It’s indeed justified.

October 6, 2009 at 12:15 am
(4) Ken says:

Free Toll Free reverse lookups by Capital and Intelious are frauds. They find info for the number but want $$$ for the name of the business or person that has it. This isn’t “free”. These two companies who are making the claim to provide free services should be blacklisted.

April 10, 2010 at 7:51 pm
(5) SafetyPrivacyChallenge says:

I don’t believe you can have your info removed. For example I signed up with a social network. Very soon afterwards I decided against it for privacy reasons(after all you don’t know who will view the info that you would not want to have it) They did remove me from the site. But my name and date of birth and star sign together with their site name come up with a google search of my name. I’ve emailed twice to ask it to be removed from search results without success. It says it has been removed when you click on it but it’s already given that much info on search results. Too much info. DOB is a key part of ID! And mine is out there with my name(not right) And think if you got a lawyer specializing in identity theft and Internet.. it would be expensive!

April 10, 2010 at 7:58 pm
(6) SafetyPrivacyChallenge says:

As far as a phone number, you should change it(ATT doesn’t charge to change your phone number on a current line… at least I changed mine 3 years ago and there was no charge) and ask for it to be unlisted. I have found on the google phone searches that they do have outdated information. So you might still show with an old phone number – it’s worth a try especially in the case of child safety.

July 23, 2010 at 5:11 pm
(7) Char says:

I agree with the comment about black listing the companies who claim their searchs are free. Something needs to be done about this….instead of having to spend 30 minutes searching something and not getting the answer because they want $$$, its bull !!! Free means free…………..