1. Computing
Wendy Boswell

Free Image Hosting at PhotoBucket

By February 9, 2006

Looking for somewhere to host your images on the Web, say for eBay or for your blog or for a message board, etc.? Check out Photobucket, a free image hosting service.

One excessively cool thing I noticed right away about Photobucket is that you can post directly to your blog (sign up first; it's free, it's fast). Once you get in the main dashboard, you'll see an option to "post directly to blog"; then you'll get a drop-down menu to choose which blog host you go with (Blogger, LiveJournal, etc.), then you'll need to enter in your blog username and password. This is an incredibly useful little feature.

Related: Find images on the Web with Picsearch or Ditto, image search engines.

Comments
March 11, 2006 at 11:53 pm
(1) jennifer says:

How about Photogiga.com? have you guys hear about it? it’s a free image hosting and online photo gallery…
6x better!

June 28, 2007 at 2:40 pm
(2) AlexM says:

The world of free services on the internet is changing, but it’s not permanent. It’s more of a tide than anything that reaches and recedes from all things. MySpace is changing, photobucket image service is cutting users with bandwidth limitations(suck). Like Internet dating in its infancy, posting images online have graduated from something for the photographers to a normalized part of society or regular people. Critics had similar concerns about Rock N Roll in its day, and short skirts, and tie-dye, and jazz and dancing. You might note also though that users is rumored to be looking for a way out of that spam, banners or popups, if they can exchange photobucket for a nice chunk of postmyimage.com. Postmyimage.com is a farly new service, and they are working hard, to bring new features to their service. http://www.postmyimage.com is a free image hosting site, that trying to be an alternative way to go for people, who is trying to get their images online in easy ways as possible.
PostMyImage.com is opening an unlimited storage space in the hands of any users online, and asking nothing back from those users. I am not sure, if it will bring the technology to the next bleeding edge, but it will bring alternative to the free image hosting sites for sure.

July 14, 2008 at 9:00 am
(3) sam says:

I use an older service:

Pic4us

August 10, 2008 at 9:35 pm
(4) John says:

xtupload is one of the most advanced one , moreover its free .

September 16, 2008 at 6:50 am
(5) MR J says:

OK ALL I WANTED WAS TO A PIC 4 FREE THANK YOU

October 5, 2008 at 5:03 pm
(6) Linda says:

I have been looking for more pictures of the early Rolling Stones,
from the Sixties. I have looked at hundred sites, and I know there are
more sites with more pictures. If anyone has any ideas on how to
find more maybe within the deep web, or a Image Search Engine
that I have not tried, please let me know. I don’t know what to look
up now. Thanks much.

November 29, 2008 at 6:37 pm
(7) cantor says:

I also use Pic4Us, I like the simple layout and find it very easy to use:

March 27, 2009 at 12:18 pm
(8) James says:

I just came across this free image hosting service the other day: Behind Me Image hosting

Seems ok. No registration required, but image upload size is limited to 1mb.

May 11, 2009 at 6:58 pm
(9) Barbossa says:

Tuzulo really is one of the most advanced with enormous limits (5MB, 10MB for registered users) and an elegant, easy to understand interface.

You can even upload a ZIP file and it will pull out all the images.

But best of all is you can adjust your thumbnail sizes and even make a Flash gallery all on the fly.

Oh yeah, it’s free.

July 2, 2009 at 3:01 am
(10) Batman says:

PostMyImage is the best service I saw so far, it is commercial free, you will not be able find any banners or ads. They have image,pdf,zip,doc,swf file uploads. I think, it is just a great free image hosting out there. Check it out for yourself.

May 3, 2010 at 2:44 am