1. Computing
Wendy Boswell

MySpace.com - Third Most Visited Site on the Web

By November 22, 2005

This from DesignTechnica:
"AOL, eBay, and Google might just be watching their backs: comScore Media Metrix says social networking site MySpace has passed them all in terms of page views.

...According to comScore's Media Metrix Internet audience ratings measurements, which currently puts social networking site MySpace third most-viewed site on the Internet in terms of total page views, ahead of Internet stalwarts Google, AOL, and eBay."

Okay, so what's the big deal? Well, MySpace is a social networking site, and these don't tend to get this kind of phenomenal page views. MySpace basically is a place that you can talk to other like-minded people online; you just sign up, create a unique user profile, and then invite your friends to join your personal network (or search for those friends that might already be members of MySpace).

There's lots of room for abuse here; I've seen in the last week at least three different stories of school kids using MySpace to bully or harass other kids - and there's a lot more bad stuff than this that can happen. As always, I adamantly suggest that parents PUHLEASE supervise their children on the Web and implement a good Safe Search Checklist.

Comments
November 23, 2005 at 8:49 pm
(1) Bryant Eslava says:

thats true very true but people please add me http://www.myspace.com/bryant_eslava

November 23, 2005 at 8:49 pm
(2) Bryant Eslava says:

ADDD MEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 14, 2006 at 8:06 am
(3) Buck Roberts says:

I found this article on Google. Looks like my space is a site to visit.

According to MSN Search Fastamber is the most visited site on the internet.
Little joke there.

March 6, 2006 at 1:23 am
(4) GenericPsycho26 says:

I’d like to know the sources on the fact that myspace is ahead of google and eBay. It just doesn’t seem right. All the other sources I’ve run into place google as the #1 site on the internet, and MySpace much further down on the list around 15.

May 4, 2006 at 9:09 pm
(5) Sassy says:

Hey I like MySpace as well as the next guy, but I’m afraid I have to wonder as well- where are the stats and who confirmed this?

May 10, 2006 at 2:09 pm
(6) Amber says:

add me!!

February 15, 2007 at 4:49 pm
(7) Kaycee says:

I love myspace! My friends go on it usually over 10 times a day. It doesn’t matter if your 10 or 40. My mom has a myspace. My tattoo artist has a myspace, even all the hottest places in vegas has a myspace. I love Tom and now we can even go on myspace through our phones! Wont be supprised if its true!!!

January 3, 2008 at 11:53 am
(8) victoria says:

i do not how you oput this in your own words. i think it is ewspectfukl in everyway to all ages

April 26, 2008 at 5:44 pm
(9) greg moser says:

I’m greg moserLooking to build my real estate business as a realtor. What can I do blogging to help realty business. greg moser

August 20, 2008 at 2:25 pm
(10) katie says:

dude myspace is fucking awesome! i love it! i get on there all the time! i mean its not like i have no life but i get on there to make new friends and to talk to old ones so yea its pretty fuckin tight

lata bitches
~KATIE~

September 17, 2008 at 1:41 pm
(11) blake masemer says:

schoo is booring

October 15, 2008 at 3:12 am
(12) xashruak says:

Air travel has become a major part of our society, with industries and individuals depending on air transport for their livelihood. But have you ever wondered what happens to the artifacts of our airborne culture when they’re no longer needed? More..
xrtst303a

September 18, 2009 at 10:01 am
(13) crystaljordan says:

add me put me on you topsd