Here's a few headlines from the world of web search:
- Google Updating Page Rank and Backlinks: Some speculation as to whether Google will be updating its Page Rank and backlinks index sometime today or tonight; they do this every so often.
- Steven Spielberg's Going To Make Video Games: From the NY Times; Spielberg is inking an agreement with Electronic Arts to make three new video games.
- Cell Phones in Missouri Will Soon Be Tracking Devices: From Smart Mobs: "In what would be the largest project of its kind, the The Missouri Department of Transportation is finalizing a contract to monitor thousands of cell phones, using their movements to map real-time traffic conditions statewide on all 5,500 miles of major roads."
- SEOmoz Turns One Year Old: And hopefully will not do too much of the terrible two's. Happy Birthday, and many more!
- O'Reilly Google Code Hacks Online: "For the technically inclined, O’Reilly has published the code to several Google hacks, taken by the book of that title."
- Moving to a New Web Host: Matt Cutts of Google shows how to move to a new web host, with plenty of practical detail.
- Yahoo Wants to Buy a Piece of Yahoo Now: Now there's three biggies looking to buy AOL - Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo.